Named after the owner’s second daughter, Altea is a Barbera Superiore that offers good structure and body thanks to the subtle oak ageing. Ruby red in color with fruity aromas elegantly laced with chocolate and cherries. A dry, full-bodied and well-structured wine, ‘Altea’ is an ideal match for appetizers, rice, home-made pasta (especially agnolotti) and every variety of meat.
VARIETAL: 100% Barbera d'Asti
LOCATION OF VINEYARDS: Agliano Terme e Cassine
ALTITUDE: 200–350 meters above sea level
TYPE OF PLANTING: Sustainable
SOIL: Calcareous clay
TYPE OF CULTIVATION: Guyot
VINIFICATION: Fermentation in contact with the skins for 10-14 days at a temperature of 28-30° C. Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
AGING: 80% of the wine is aged in 700lt-tonneaux for about 10/12 months. The remaining 20% is aged in French oak barriques of 225 lt. Then the wine rests for about 6 months before bottling.
TOTAL PRODUCTION: 50,000 bottles
OENOLOGIST: Claudio Cavallero